Recommended best wireless & electric dog fence reviews are available in this guide with complete comparison charts and price table.
With a wireless dog fence, you can keep track on the activities of your dog when you are not around. In this article Best Wireless, Electric Dog Fence Reviews – Top 15 Picks, we are going to review the top 15 wireless electric dog fence.
If you have a dog at your home, then wireless dog fence is a blessing for you. With the help of this, you can make a virtual boundary for your pet. So whenever the dog comes near that borderline a warning sound is generated. And if the dog crosses the dividing line he will receive a mild shock through the collar.
The shock can be applied to the dog more frequently and at greater strength. This way pet will learn to stay away from away from the specific boundary. There are many variants of wireless dog fence are available in the market. An underground fence is a system in which the wire is buried around the borderline.
The underground fence also works similarly like a wireless fence that also gives the shock to the dog. This shock is given when the dog crosses the limit line. Wireless fencing is also much cheaper than the physical fencing. Physical can cost you around 1000 dollar while wireless will cost only 200-300 dollars.
By this dog fence, you can save a lot of money from organizing someone to take of your pet. In the further section of this article, we will start discussing the best wireless dog fence and their pros and cons.
#1. Recommendation: PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
The PetSafe wireless dog fence consists of the transmitter that communicates with the collar on the dog’s neck. This apparatus can cover the boundary of 5 to 90 feet. You don’t have to dig the fence or bury the wires in this type of system. Simply you just have to plug the transmitter and put the collar around the dog’s neck.
The transmitter emits the radio signal in the form of circular perimeter around the boundary. It can cover 90 feet distance in all the directions. You can easily install this system by turning on the transmitter and adjust the circular range of borderline.
Also, collar system is waterproof so the unit will work even in rainy season. With the help of multiple transmitters, you can add multiple yards allowing other dogs for more safety. The two circles of the boundaries overlap together to increase the dog’s security.
- It is easy to setup and maintenance is also very cheaper.
- You don’t have to dig the wires in the ground.
- Also, you can mark the boundaries with the flags provided in the box.
- It will generate warning sound when the dog comes near the limit line.
- The mechanism will automatically turn off when the pet crosses the boundary. The stimulation is limited to 30 seconds only.
- You cannot do the rectangular or square shape other than circular shape.
- It is not well suitable for the smaller yards because of the circular boundary.
PetSafe dog fence is one of the best wireless dog fences available in the market. This offers features and functionalities worth the amount you pay. Therefore, we recommend this product to our customers as it also has many positive reviews on the online stores.
#2. Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless Dog Fence
You can easily set up this wireless dog fence in 1-2 hours that helps to track your dog’s collar with the transmitter. It is well suitable for the pets having weight up to 8 pounds and up. This system helps to generate the warning sound whenever the dog comes near the boundary.
When the dog crosses the borderline, a harmless shock is given automatically through the collar. So this way pets can learn where they have to stop away from the boundary. This is a wireless dog fence so you don’t have to dig or bury any type of wires inside the ground.
You can likewise incorporate this structure with additional transmitters to cover the extra range and also increase the backyard for your pet without compromising the safety. You can easily install this wireless fence around your home without any issue.
- The collar of this device can easily fit the dog having a neck of size 6-28 inches.
- You can add multiple numbers of pets with this device.
- With the help of additional transmitter, you can increase the boundary size.
- It can cover the area of 180 feet in diameter.
- This wireless dog fence covers the only limited area of 0.5 acres.
- Sometimes, the device doesn’t respond when an obstacle is found.
This product is not ideal for the animal proprietors that want to cover the huge location. It is one of the best wireless dog fences available in this price range. Therefore, it will be an easy task to keep track the activities of your pet with the help of this device.
#3. SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System
This is a cost-effective system that consists of a transmitter, 100 flags, a collar receiver and 1,000 feet of wire. With the help of this device, your pet will be safe within a boundary of up to 1 and 1/3 acres. So if your dog crosses this limit, then a shock will be given to the dog.
SportDOG fence is compatible with the pets having a weight of up to 10 pounds. You have to bury the wires where you have to make the borderline. In this manner you can maintain your canine away from any type of certain location. Even when the dog comes near the frontier then a warning sound is generated.
The transmitter of the device helps to transmit the radio signal from the dog’s limit line. You can also set the flags on the ground at the limit line that will be easy to see. The collar on the dog’s neck is made up of waterproof material, so it will work under every condition.
- The system has 1000 feet of wire to cover the large area.
- A collar of this dog fence is built of the strong materials to increase the durability.
- This collar comes with a vibration feature that helps to keep your dog away from the boundary.
- You can use it for multiple dogs.
- The weight of the collar is slightly heavier that can be difficult for some dogs.
- Also, the battery is non-rechargeable.
SmartDOG is an excellent choice for the pet owners who want to buy a new in-ground fence. You could prolong the location and also tailor of the boundary of approximately 100 acres. Hence, this is a decent choice among the best wireless dog fences which provides high performance with reliability and durability.
#4. eXtreme Dog Fence – Second Generation In-Ground Electric Dog Fence
This dog fence comes with multiple quality tools for providing high performance. It has 1000 feet wire that is enough to cover the entire yard area. As this is an in-ground fence system, so you have to bury the wires inside the ground to make the boundary.
You can use this dog fence for any type of dogs irrespective of their size and weight. By connecting the additional collars to the transmitter, you can add many dogs under the same fence. The collar of the fence can easily fit the dogs having a neck size of up to 26 inches.
You can make the borderline for your dog with the flags given in the box. When dog crosses the limit, a harmless shock is given through the collar. So, the dog can slowly learn to avoid going to this place thinking that there is a risk. Now let’s see the pros and cons of this product.
- This system provides five different types of adjustable correction for your pet.
- The transmitter can cover up to 10 acres of location.
- You can add up to 10 dogs with this network by adding more transmitters.
- It is made up of the sturdy materials to get the long life span.
- You have to buy extra wire to boost the boundary zone of greater than 1 acre.
- Also, you have to keep extra batteries in your stock as the batteries are non-rechargeable.
- It may be easy to use, but the fence system needs prior experience to install it.
The eXtreme dog fence is compatible with all the size of dogs from large to small. It is very easy to use and can be used even by a novice user. With this system, you can ensure that your dog doesn’t cross the limit for the safety purposes.
#5. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence
This fence enables your canines to play safely in the location of as much as 1/3 acres. You can extend this area by 5-10 acres with the help of additional wire. It also features static correction of up to four levels to increase the safety of your dog. It is very similar to the PetSafe fence system that is discussed above.
Firstly, you have to spread the wires in a particular shape to make the boundary for your dog. So whenever the dog goes near the borderline a warning sound will be generated. And if the dog crosses the borderline, then he will receive a light shock to avoid visiting this area.
The collar is rechargeable and waterproof so you can use it in any condition. The collar can fit the dog of any weight having the neck size of 6-28 inches. Also, you don’t have to worry about the batteries as you can charge the batteries again.
- You can provide more space to your dog with the help of this system. So, the dog has more place to enjoy and play.
- The rechargeable collars allow you to reuse them after charging.
- With the help of secondary transmitters, you can add more safety for your dogs.
- You can add one collar to each dog to add multiple dogs to the single fence.
- As this is not a wireless apparatus, so there will be a headache of digging wires.
- This is more expensive than the classic system and wireless fence.
PetSafe in-ground dog fence has the ability to take care of your pets when you are not there. It provides light weight collar that won’t create any problem for dogs. It offers many magnificent features that place it among the best dog fences available in this price range.
#6. eXtreme Dog Fence – Second Generation
This is the improved version of the eXtreme dog fence that we have discussed earlier. It can cover up to 25 acres of the location by using the outside collection of cables. The transmitter can support the area of 10 acres by default. You can change the radio frequency of the transmitter to avoid interference with the neighbor’s dog.
The collar system of this dog fence is very light and small in size. So, you can fit this collar to any size of dog from small to large. The collar can easily fit the dog having a neck size of up to 25 inches. Also, you can use the collar in water as it is waterproof and doesn’t have any type issue.
You can easily start using this fence by digging wires under the ground. With this, you have to make the limited area for your pet. So, when the dog crosses the boundary there will be vibration or warning sound, and a shock is given to dog.
- It has a digital transmitter that can cover 10 acres of location.
- By adding the extra transmitters and collars, you can add multiple dogs to this system.
- Also, the eXtreme fence offers greater durability as it is made up of strong materials.
- You can maintain this product at a very cheaper rate.
- You need a prior experience to install and dig the wires under the ground.
- The default wire of the system can cover only 1 acre of zone.
- Also, the batteries are non-rechargeable, so you have to carry the extra battery set.
With this dog fence system, you can easily make the desired boundary according to your need. This way your dog will be safe in the contained borderline made by you. Therefore, we definitely recommend this product to our customers who want to keep their dog in a specific perimeter.
#7. PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
This product is known because of the accuracy and its high-quality features. It comes with the rechargeable collars, so there is no need to change the collars again and again. The collar weighs only 2 ounces that is very light in weight and any size of dog can easily wear it.
As this is wireless, there is no need to dig or bury the wires under the ground. You can make the virtual limit with this that is connected to the transmitter. It receives radio transmitting a signal that tracks your dog and generates warning sound when the dog is about to cross the boundary.
You can add an unlimited number of dogs by connecting collars to every dog. Same way you can raise the location of the limit by adding transmitters with the same system. This will help to increase the play zone for your dog and other pets.
- There is no need to bury the wires in the ground.
- This device has smallest and lightest collar compares to other wireless dog fences.
- You can overlap two or more transmitters to increase the boundary zone.
- With the help of static correction, it will automatically turn off after 15 seconds once the dog crosses the borderline.
- By this system, you can make circular boundaries only. So this could decrease the location compared to the other and also rectangle-shaped forms.
- It doesn’t work properly for the yards having slopes.
As this is a wireless fence, you don’t have to think about the wires on the ground. If we ignore 1-2 drawbacks of this dog fence, then it has many positive responses. So, this is a good choice among the best wireless fences with such amazing features.
#8. PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs
This is specially designed for the stubborn dogs who are difficult to train. It makes the invisible fence to restrict your dog by crossing any specific border. With the help of four state level correction that helps to stop the pet in crossing the boundary.
These correction method helps to give the best level of shock to the dog. This shock is 50% stronger than the standard collars of the other dog fences. If you want to add a couple of dogs, then you can join the extra transmitters and collars to every dog.
It allows making the frontier area in your yard with the help of wire. With this, it will be difficult for your dog to break the boundary. And it can be corrected up to 5 times. This is suitable for the pets of weight more than 5 pounds and over.
- This provides more space for your dog to play and enjoy.
- It gives additional safety to the dog by making more no-go zones or boundaries.
- The system comes with waterproof transmitter and collar.
- You can also increase the limit by connecting the extra cord or wire.
- As it is an in-ground fence, you will need extra time to dig wires in the ground.
- The installation process is also a not easy and you may require a fence trencher.
- You need to have extra batteries because the batteries are non-rechargeable.
This dog fence has quite expensive maintenance and installation process, but it offers functionalities which you want in a dog fence. Therefore, we would suggest this product to our customers if they are having a stubborn dog who needs more care.
#9. PetSafe YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground
This is an in-ground dog fence that is mostly similar to the PetSafe base in-ground fence. It offers 30% more play zone than the standard dog fences. You can give your pet more play zone with this product by making the endless bounds in your yard.
With the help of the built-in wire set, you can make borderline across your yard to keep your dog safe. And if the dog comes near this limit, then it generates a warning sound. Also, a harmless shock is given to the dog, if he crosses the boundary.
To make this system more effective, your dog wears a collar that gives radio signal to the transmitter. The YardMax mode in this fence helps to increase the boundary area and keeps your dog safe at the same time. So, you don’t have worry about your dog and his safety.
- The collar of this dog fence is both rechargeable and waterproof. Therefore, your dog can also enjoy any water games.
- You can easily set up and install this without any experience.
- By adding multiple transmitters, you can add security for various dogs.
- It provides a larger play area for your pets.
- Digging wires will be an issue in this system as it is an in-ground fence.
- It is comparatively more expensive than the other in-ground dog fence.
- Also, the battery of this product depends on the usage of the collar. If more shock is given to the dog, then more battery will be consumed by the system.
PetSafe YardMax is an excellent choice if you are looking for an affordable dog fence that also offers effective functionalities. It has the ability to cover up to 1 acre of a location that is more than enough for your dog’s play yard. So, you can spend on this product because of its amazing specifications.
#10. Hidden Dog Fence By Sit Boo Boo
This a smart invisible dog fence that protects your dog within the premises of your yard or home. It includes a transmitter, a wire set and a collar inside the built-in package box. The apparatus is portable and more durable consisting of the strong materials.
The wireless electric allows you to quickly set up the boundaries and making the limits for your dog. You can easily set up this dog fence by following the instructions given in the user manual. This can be used with all the size of dogs of any age.
This unit comes with a wire set that is enough to cover 1.2 acres of area. If you want to extend the boundary, then you can add another wire set to this system. The transmitter provides exact and accurate results for better efficiency and performance.
- The brand offers a money back guarantee if the customer is not satisfied with the performance.
- Also, the collar is waterproof and rechargeable. So your dog can easily enjoy in water.
- With the help of extra transmitters, you can expand the boundary field and can connect multiple dogs at the same time.
- The wire that is provided by the brand is thin, so it is more prone to any kind of damage. There are more chances that you need to have a replacement for this wire.
- Also, the shock given through the collar is not consistent.
- You have to manually bury the wires in the ground to make the frontier.
Hidden dog fence has all the features that are necessary for any fence system. This unit keeps your dog safe in the premises you have set. Although there are some downsides of this unit, other than this it is a great product to take care of your pet.
#11. PetSafe YardMax Electric Dog Fence Containment System
This is an in-ground fence that is available with all the necessary things. You have to bury the wires in the ground to make the bounds around your home. After making the boundary, it will be difficult for your dog to cross as it will provide a shock to the dog.
If you have more than one pet, then you can buy another kit of the same brand. This unit is available separately for 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 pets together. This can work for yards having area of 1 acre to 10 acres. It also increases the boundary field by adding the extra wire set.
The quality of the wire is very good that is durable enough to protect against the breakage. Also, the collar of this unit is light in weight to easily fit the dog’s neck. This collar is waterproof and rechargeable with 5 state level correction.
- There will be no issue if your dog is playing in the water as the collar is waterproof.
- It covers the larger space to increase the play zone for your dog.
- This unit is made up of heavy materials to increase the durability.
- Many dogs can be attached to the same transmitter.
- This unit is not wireless, so digging wires take much time in installation.
- By default, it can only cover 1 acre of the area without using an extra set of wire.
PetSafe YardMax dog fence offers stunning specifications at an affordable price range. Therefore, we suggest this unit to our customers as it provides accurate results.
#12. Havahart SS-750RPX AC-Powered Electric Fence Kit
Havahart dog fence is suitable for all the dogs irrespective of their size and weight. You can easily make the bounds with the wire set that is given in the product box. So whenever the dog comes near the boundary, then it generates the warning sound with the help of the transmitter.
If your dog crosses the bounds, then a light shock is given to the dog through the collar. This way, the dog will learn to stay away from this place thinking it may be harmful to him. The system can cover the space up to 1 acre which is enough for the dog’s play yard.
If you want to increase the boundary area, then you can use extra wire set with the help of transmitters. You can also add infinite pets by using one collar for each dog. So, you can ensure the safety of multiple dogs along with your dog.
- It can support the dogs having the weight of more than 15 pounds.
- The collar of this unit is rechargeable and waterproof.
- One year warranty for the parts and service.
- The kit has every possible thing needed for a dog fence.
- You can’t extend the field of the boundary more than 1 acre with the help of built-in wire set.
- It is not suitable for the pet owners having the smaller yard.
- You have to set up the installation of fences as this is not a wireless fence.
The unit consists of different tools like collar, transmitter, energizer, fence poles and much more. This makes it one of the best electric fence that is available at a cheaper rate. Therefore, we recommend this electric fence to our customers who are looking for an efficient dog fence.
#13. Wireless Dog Fence Containment System
This is a wireless dog fence that doesn’t make use of physical wires to make the safe area. It uses the transmitter to keep the track of position of your dogs. You have to make a virtual bounds for your dog and if he crosses this limit, then automatically a light shock will be given to the dog.
You can easily install and use this unit because there you don’t have to bury the electric wire. It is provided with two collars that are rechargeable and waterproof. These collars can easily fit the dog having the neck size of up to 26 inches.
As the size is very small, you can easily carry it anywhere without any difficulty. The transmitter has a good battery life that can work up to 24 hours. Now let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of this product.
- The four state level correction method ensures that the dog doesn’t cross the boundary.
- If you want to make a physical borderline, then you can make the same with the flags given.
- You can set up to 100 levels of intensity in the transmitter.
- Also, if you don’t want the receiver to send corrections. then you can also use the plastic probes that will help to save your pet skin from the correction.
- The transmitter may not get signals few times because of the metal obstacles in the yard.
- Also, the dog’s collar will produce a shock even if the transmitter loses the signal.
- If the surface has slopes, then it may be difficult to send the signals.
This product will save your money as it is available at a cheaper rate. But, there are many downsides of this feature which is not suitable for the safety of your dog. Therefore, we suggest you look for another product at the same price range.
#14. Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Underground/ In-ground
This is a wireless system, so you don’t have to bury any wires in the ground to make the boundaries. It has a small compact design to carry it anywhere with an ease. The transmitter and receiver make the process of radio communication easy.
You can make a boundary of 300 meters with the help of the virtual connection of the transmitter. The transmitter broadcasts the signal in every direction for better efficiency and faster result. You can add multiple receivers to the same transmitter if you want to add multiple dogs.
The collar that your dog is going to wear is light in weight and can easily fit the pet’s neck. You can also increase the area of the frontier to help your dog get the larger play zone. A warning sound will be generated if your dog comes near the bounding line to keep the dog away.
- The collar is rechargeable and its battery can last up to 3 to 7 days. It totally depends on the activity level done by the collar.
- You can use the collar to any size of dogs.
- It allows adding multiple dogs to the same system by using the additional transmitters and collars.
- You cannot change the shape of the boundary according to your need. It only allows setting the circular boundaries.
- Many things can affect the range of the signals that can result in connection failure. This can affect the dog’s security.
With the help of this, your dog can easily learn to stay away from the virtual bounds in your premises. Whenever the dog crosses this limit, a harmless shock is given to the dog. Therefore, you can ensure the dog’s safety with the help of this wireless fence.
Things to Consider while buying Wireless Dog Fence
When it comes to buying the wireless dog fence, you have to look at many features. You may confuse between the electric and wireless fence. An electric fence requires the wire to bury in the ground. On the other hand, there are no wires required in the wireless fence system.
Following are the certain things to consider while buying wireless dog fence:-
- How much area does it cover?
This is an important factor to consider before you buy a dog fence. The transmitter defines how much field to consider. So you must look for the fence which has a strong and efficient transmitter.
- Long life battery
You should choose the dog fence which has rechargeable batteries. Mostly, all the units come with the battery that performs well. Usually, the batteries of the collar need to be replaced every 3-4 months.
- Multiple dogs
Many fence system allows adding multiple dogs to one unit. For this, you have to buy extra collars for every dog.
- Power failures
There are electric dog fences which operate with the help of electric transmitter. So, you must not buy the fence if there is an issue of power failure in your area.
- Compatible with variety of pets
The dog fence are designed especially for dogs. But there are most fence systems that support a variety of animals like dog, cat, goat, and much more.
- Replacement collars
You must buy the dog fence in which the broken collar can be replaced easily. Also, keep in mind that the collars are quite expensive and range from $200 to $500.
These are the above things you must consider before buying any dog fence. Also, you should compare two or more units with their specifications at the similar price range. Therefore, this way you can easily buy the best fence for your dog.
Hence, we would like to conclude this article on Best Wireless, Electric Dog Fence Reviews – Top 15 Picks. Hope you are clear with the information about the reviews given above. Also, don’t forget to share your feedback and if you have any query then feel free to contact us at petsgyd. Thank you.